Welcome to the "Game, Set, Match" Twilight Fanfiction Blog

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

GSM Chapter 9 Teaser

Here’s a little preview of the next chapter! It’s off to London so Edward can play in Wimbledon, which by the way in case you didn’t know is going on right now. Any predictions on how our boy is going to fare? Looks like Bella is taking the avoidance route to try and figure out what’s really going on with her and Edward.

Also on another note, who’s excited for Eclipse? I know some of you don’t get to see it yet and I send my heartfelt sympathies. I would go insane. I will be posting my review probably tomorrow on the blog in case you’d like to know what I thought. If not that’s okay too. Whatever floats your boat. I don’t think there can be too many spoilers since I assume most of us have read the books, but I guess if you’re trying to stay totally spoiler free for the movie then don’t read it when I post it : )




“Hey do you guys want to go get something to eat? We can go out after.” Emmett asked as we all separated to our respective rooms.

“Uh…no I think I’m just going to stay and unpack. I’m not really hungry,” I shook my head.

“Are you sure?” Alice said.

“Yeah you guys all go.” I smiled and started in to my room. “Have fun though.”

“Okay everyone meet down in the lobby in ten,” Emmett said, pulling Rose into their room.

Edward waited until everyone else was in their rooms before he started towards me.

“Do you want me to stay with you?”

“No it’s okay. Go out.” I tried to avoid his eyes. The trick is to look at the eyebrows.
That way it looks like you’re looking at them but you’re really not. A few inches lower would be the death of me.

“Okay,” Edward mumbled. He shuffled back to his room as I closed my door behind me.

My room was huge, probably almost the size of my apartment. There was a small living room area with a bar and a small kitchen. French doors off the living room opened up to a luxurious bedroom with a king sized bed and its own balcony and bathroom.

I plopped down on the bed and closed my eyes. “Operation Avoid Edward” was in full effect and so far I was doing good. I actually said no to him. Of course it was only to dinner so that wasn’t a big test, but it was something.

I unpacked all my clothes, hanging some up in the closet and putting the rest in the drawers. I barely even heard the knock on the door. I skipped over to it, expecting to find anything except for what I did.

“Hey I brought you some food.” Edward held out a box and came inside. “It’s a chicken sandwich, I hope that’s okay.”

“Um…yeah that’s fine. Thank you, you didn’t have to do that.” I glanced back at the door, assuming he was going to leave now.

“Are you sure you don’t want to go out with us? I mean I could stay in and we could watch a movie or something?” He stuck his hands in his pockets.

“Edward…” I sighed. “What are you doing?”

“I think we’re just headed to a bar down the street.”

“No I mean…what are you doing? What is all this?” I held up the box of food.

“Bringing food, medicine, staying in when your friends are going to the bar. That’s not who you are.”

He blinked a few times, trying to process what I’d just said. In all honesty I don’t know why I said it, but everything was just becoming too much.

“I…” He started. “I don’t really know who I am.”




Update will be either tomorrow or Thursday

No comments:

Post a Comment