Welcome to the "Game, Set, Match" Twilight Fanfiction Blog

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

GSM Tease: Chapter 4


I tried to drown out anything but the music, but I couldn’t shake this feeling of someone watching me. As Jake spun me around I spotted Edward at the bar. He was leaned against it, sipping on a drink, his eyes searing into Jake. I had a feeling they weren’t on friendly terms.


Jake spun me around again and again, his hand slipping lower on my back each time. I shuddered a little as his hands grazed over my ass.


“Jake, I really don’t think…” I started.


“Can I cut in?” Edward asked, suddenly beside us. His nostrils flared as he reached for me, almost like he was staking his claim.


“Cullen,” Jake mumbled.


“Black.” Edward nodded and whisked me away.


“Why’d you do that?” I asked once we were far enough away.


“I didn’t like him…touching you like that.”


“Why not?” I asked. I already knew the answer. It didn’t take much to see that Edward was competitive, possessive. I had no idea why he was acting that way with me, but the signs were clear.


“So are you having fun?” He asked, changing the subject.


“I guess so. Alice disappeared.” I shrugged my shoulders as we swayed slowly to the music. Edward pulled me closer and I instinctively rested my chin on his shoulder.


He laughed under his breath and gestured towards the dark corner to our right. I instantly spotted Alice’s outfit mashed up against some guy. His leather jacket was almost halfway off from their intense make out session.


“Who the hell is…” I stopped when I recognized Jasper’s mess of hair. “Oh God…” My eyes grew wide as I pulled back, trying not to laugh.


“They’ve been meeting every night,” he whispered in my ear.


“Well that puts a lot of things into perspective,” I laughed, remembering how tired and cranky he’d been lately. He’d been sneaking out to do God knows what with Alice.


Edward smiled and nestled his cheek against mine. I closed my eyes, relishing the feeling of his skin next to mine. The song ended, but he didn’t move. His hands gripped tighter onto my hips and pulled them towards his.


“No wonder Black wanted to put his hands all over you, you look delicious.”

1 comment: